Hello, I'm Mrs. Carrizales! I teach 5th grade Science to all of the 5th graders at Reilly Elementary school in room 203 in the main building. Here's some information about me:
- I've been teaching for about 4 years. This is my 3nd year at Reilly School.
- I have a BS in Elementary Education from Olivet Nazarene University.
- I have a Masters in Teaching English as a Second or Other Language from Northeastern Illinois University.
- I have an endorsement in Middle School Language Arts and an endorsement in English as a Second Language.
- I am currently learning Spanish, I hope to get a bilingual endorsement one day.
- I am currently taking classes at the University of Chicago through the SESAME program in order to get my science endorsement
Here's what you need for 5th grade Science.
- Yellow folder (homework folder, please label it Science)
- 3 composition notebooks with your name and room number on it (We use one for each unit. Don't worry, I'll store them for you so you don't have to carry them around.)
- A pencil pouch - with #2 pencils; Blue, Black, and red pens; colored pencils; small box of crayons; tape; and scissors.
- I'd really appreciate it if you brought me paper towels and Clorox wipes!
- We follow the PBIS matrix. Students need to be Respectful, Responsible, and Safe!
- Students need to take care of any books that they check out from my classroom library. Lost or damaged books cost $10.
- All homework assignments must be turned in on time. Late homework will be accepted, but points will be lost.
- We must stay safe and act responsibly during science labs! - Students must sign a lab safety agreement. They must read and sign the contract that states that they understand the lab safety rules in order to participate in the science lab. If any lab materials are broken, the student will replace them.
- We must take care of our classroom computers! - Students must sign a computer care agreement form. We will be using Chromebooks in our classroom. Any Chromebook that is broken by a student MUST be replaced.
- Please try your best to be at school everyday. Many of our science experiments can only be done IN CLASS so if you are absent you may miss something really important. It is not possible to make up missed experiments or science labs if you are absent.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow me on Twitter: @Carrizales103